Tuesday 25 September 2012

Grade 4 Science by Sophia

In Grade 4 Science, we are doing an assignment on Rocks and Minerals. I, Sophia C. am feeling very organized. I feel like a teacher, because I hold a clipboard to do my work.

First, I did my KWL chart. The K stands for Know, the W stands for Wonder and the L stands for Learned. I already know that: -rocks are one of the many materials that builders use to build houses -rocks are very easily found I wonder: -can rocks become metal over time? -how does a meteor become a meteorite? -where do minerals come from? -is rock harder than titanium? -is rock harder than ice? All the students did a KWL chart and we're going to add in the L part after.

Next, we sat on the carpet and discussed the cartoon and what it meant. This girl is taking a test on Geology (studying rocks) and on the top of the page, it says, "Name the three types of rock". And, she's meant to write: igneous rock, metamorphic rock and sedimentary rock, but she writes: classic, punk and hard. Those are the types of rock music! I thought it was a funny joke.

I have gotten really good at saying the types of geology rocks.

Then, we had to find the definition to the terms and write or glue them onto the glossary page in our Science duo-tangs. That's what I'm working on now.

 I'm working behind the stage curtains. I like working there because I feel like I'm in an islolated space working with a friend.

-by Sophia

8 comments:

  1. hay
    i like my own blog post because..................
    i relly like all the pictures in it.
    i hope i get more post from you guys
    bye-bye
    fifi

    ReplyDelete
  2. HELLO!I like the picture of me and u!

    from mel
    to fifi

    ReplyDelete
  3. i look so good in this picter!


    fifi :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. IN THE LAST PICTER ME AND FIFI LOOK GOOD WELL I LOOK GOOD MORE.

    :D MEL

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi fifi cool post

    mel :D

    ReplyDelete